Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
*Modify for low Fodmap:
- Use firm silken tofu
- Use 1/2 an umeboshi plum instead of 1 whole
You will need:
- 250g of silken tofu (drained - on paper towel)
- 1tsp of Spiral Peanut Oil
- 1tsp of Sunbeam Pepitas
- 1tsp of raw sesame seeds
- 1 silverbeet (stem removed - leaf washed and shredded)
- 10cm piece of pickled daikon radish (thinly shredded)
- 1/4 of an avocado (peeled & cut in halves - lengthways)
- 20g of arame seaweed
- 1tbsp of edamame beans (blanched in salted water)
- 10g pickled ginger
- 40g mungbean sprouts
- 1 pinch of dried angel hair chilli
- 1tbsp of Spiral Organic Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1tbsp of Spiral Plum Vinegar
- 1 umeboshi plum (finely sliced)
- 2tbsp of water
For dressing, place 1 tbsp of Spiral Gluten Free Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp of Spiral Mirin, 1 tbsp of Spiral Plum Vinegar, 1 umeboshi plum (finely sliced) & 2tbsp of water into a jar or jug, season with sea salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set to one side until required.
Slice tofu in half. Heat a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add peanut oil and when hot carefully place tofu pieces in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Carefully flip over and cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side. Remove and drain well on a paper towel lined plate.
Place pepitas and sesame seeds in a clean dry frying pan and toast for 2-3 minutes or until nice and golden.Place silverbeet, seaweed and daikon in a bowl and toss to combine. Just before serving, dress with half the dressing.
To serve, place tofu on a serving plate, top with a avocado wedge and layer over silverbeet salad. Finish with a sprinkle of edamame, toasted seeds, pickled ginger and angel hair chilli. Dress with more dressing and a drizzle of sesame oil, if desired.