Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
*Modify for low Fodmap:
- Swap cauliflower for broccoli
- Remove Onion
- Remove Garlic
You will need:
- 800ml of Liddell's Lactose Free Full Cream Milk - warm
- 150ml Liddell's Lactose Free Lite Cream
- 1/2 a cauliflower (cut into 1cm thick slices)
- 60ml of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2tbsp of Curry Powder
- 80g of White Wings Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- 500g of Barilla Gluten Free Penne (cooked according to packet instructions)
- 370g of Sirena Tuna in Oil -drained
- 1 pinch of salt
- 90g of pecorino cheese (finely grated OR Liddell's Grated Tasty Cheese (for 100% lactose free)
- 3 slices of Coles Gluten Free Bread (breadcrumbed)
Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced or 200°C conventional. Pour milk and cream into a medium saucepan placed over a medium heat. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add cauliflower and cook for 5-6 minutes, tipping the cauliflower in for the last 5 minutes of cooking, drain.
Meanwhile, drizzle oil into a medium saucepan over a medium heat, add the garlic and onion, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant and softened.
Add the curry powder and fry off quickly. Add the flour and stir through to cook out a little. Pour in the hot milk mixture and whisking continuously, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and lump free.Place the cooked and drained pasta into a large bowl, along with tuna, ½ the curry sauce and half the cheese. Toss gently to combine.
Arrange the pasta mixture and cauliflower slices in a ceramic baking dish, spoon over remaining sauce and top with the cheese and breadcrumbs. Dress any exposed bits of cauliflower with a drizzle of oil as this will help to make it brown up nicely. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.