Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 60 mins
Serving: 12 people
You will need
- 4 cups of Celebrate Health Beef Stock
- 3 tbsp of Melrose Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus extra to drizzle on mushrooms)
- 1 brown onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 1/2 cups of buckwheat (lightly toasted)
- 100g of goats butter - or a lactose free alternative
- 300g of Swiss brown mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp Liddell's Lactose-Free Cream Cheese
- 60g of hazelnuts (toasted and crushed)
- 30g of anchovies
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- 1 handful of parsley (finely chopped)
- 50g of pecorino
- 100ml of Melrose Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pour stock into a large saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over a medium heat. Heat a large deep frying pan over a high heat. Add oil and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until translucent and nicely coloured. Add garlic, thyme and buckwheat and cook for 1-2 minutes to nicely toast the buckwheat. Add a few ladles of hot stock and stir occasionally until liquid has been absorbed. Repeat process until all the liquid has been added and buckwheat is tender.
Meanwhile prepare your mushrooms, you will need to cook the mushrooms in 2 batches as to many in the pan will cause the mushrooms to sweat and turn grey rather than become slightly crisp and golden.
Heat 10g goat butter and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over a very high heat. Add half the mushrooms and cook, not stirring for a few minutes. Not stirring should achieve nice crisp, golden edges to the mushrooms. Toss to stir and when just cooked tip into a sieve lined bowl. This will drain the mushrooms and let you catch all the juices that can be stirred back into the risotto. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.
To serve, stir though the mushrooms and any caught juices, stir the cream cheese into the hot risotto. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combine anchovies, lemon zest, parsley, pecorino and olive oil in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. To serve, place spoonfuls of risotto into warmed serving bowls and finish with a scattering of hazelnuts, a few teaspoonful’s of anchovy mixture and freshly grated pecorino if desired.