Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serving: 4 people
*Modify for low Fodmap:
- Remove red onion
You will need:
- 1 red onion (peeled - thinly sliced lengthways)
- 50ml Spiral Foods Sherry Vinegar
- 200ml Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Cracked pepper (to taster)
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 splash of Tobasco Sauce
- 2 pieces Coles Gluten Free Round Flat Bread (thinly sliced)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Table of Plenty Lemon and Herb Dukkah
- 2 cans of Sirena Tuna in Chilli Oil
To prepare the salad, begin by placing the thinly sliced onion into a large bowl. Pour over vinegar, oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, run lines down the length of the cucumbers then cut them into 1cm thick wheels. Add to the onion mixture along with the tomatoes (cut in wedges), roughly torn herbs and capsicum rings and gently toss to combine.
Heat a large frying pan over a medium high heat, add the oil and when hot, sprinkle over the bread pieces. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often, until lovely and golden in colour and crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate. While still hot sprinkle over the dukkah and toss to combine if required.
To serve, place salad in the base of a serving bowl. Top with flaked tuna pieces and finish with a gernerous sprinkle of dukkah spiced bread. Finish with a good drizzle of dressing, an extra sprinkle of dukkah and lemon wedges, if desired.
- Dressing the onion in the vinegar and lemon juice will help to soften the onion and take away some of the bite as well as infuse the dressing with a lovely flavour.
- You can use your preferred choice of herbs, we found mint, basil and fennel tops.