Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 4 1/2 hrs
*Modify for low Fodmap:
- Swap coconut flour for buckwheat or quinoa flour
- Remove Sunbeam diced dried apricots
- Swap Sunbeam currants for raisins
- Swap Sunbeam cashews for another nut
You will need:
- 1/2 cup Sunbeam Almonds
- 1/2 cup Sunbeam Walnuts
- 1/2 cup of Sunbeam Brazil Nuts
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup of medule dates
- 1/2 cup of Sunbeam Dried Apricots - diced
- 1/3 cup of Sunbeam Currants
- 1 orange (zest and juiced)
- 1/2 Lemon ( zest only)
- 3tbsp of Spiral Virgin Coconut Oil (soften)
- 4tbsp of Spiral Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Sunbeam Raw Cashews (soaked 2-3 hrs - drained & rinsed)
- 1/3 cup cacao butter - melted
- 3tbsp of Spiral Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1 packet of fresh assorted Driscoll's Berries
- 1/2 cup of Sunbeam Almond Flakes (toasted if desired)
Grease a 24cm spring form tin with coconut oil and line the base with multix bake. Blend the almonds, walnuts and brazil nuts in a KitchenAid Food Processor to form a rough flour.
Add the rest of the dry ingredients (coconut flour, cardamom, ground cinnamon, ground ginger , freshly grated nutmeg and sea salt) and pulse to combine. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
Roughly chop the figs and dates and add to the food processor along with apricots and currants. Pulse to combine and add to the flour mixture. Add orange and lemon zest, orange juice, coconut oil and 2 tbsp of maple syrup to the flour and mix to combine. Press into the prepared tin and refrigerate while you make the icing.
For cashew cream icing, place all the ingredients (raw cashews, cacao butter melted, coconut oil melted, 2 tbsp maple syrup, coconut water, vanilla bean seeds scraped) in a food processor or high-speed blender, add a pinch of sea salt and blend to a silky smooth consistency- there should be no lumps whatsoever.
Pour icing over the base and return to the fridge to set overnight or a minimum of 4 hours. Decorate with fresh berries and almonds flakes.