Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Only use the green part of spring onions
You will need:
- 10 chat potatoes (cut into 1cm thick slices)
- 2tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 2 drizzles of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 pinch of Pepper
- 10 Always Fresh Cornichons (cut in half - lengthways)
- 8 Always Fresh Capers
- 1 green chilli - finely chopped
- 1 handful of dill fronds - torn
- 4 eggs
- 250g of Farm Smoked Tuki Trout (skin removed and flesh flaked)
- 2 handfuls of parsley leaves (roughly torn)
- 4 tbsp Meredith Dairy Goats Curd
Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water until tender. Drain well then place into a large bowl.
The trick to a good potato salad is to dress the potatoes while they are warm, dress warm potatoes with vinegar and 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and gently toss to coat. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle over cornichon’s and capers and some finely chopped green chill if desired for an extra kick. Add dill and spring onions.
Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, crack in the eggs, season and fry until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
To serve, arrange eggs on top and flake over trout pieces. To finish, dollop over the goats curd.